Student Spotlight - Eliza
Eliza has been a regular student of mine since 2005 and is going off to college this fall. Over the years she’s become an incredibly talented songwriter, and will be recording a full-length solo album this June! I’m going to miss her!
Student Spotlight - ElleTwice a year I do a recital for my younger students, usually at one of the parents’ homes. Here’s Elle, a student of mine since 2006, doing New Slang by the Shins with me at one of our recent concerts. She sings, strums, and plays the solo!
Student Spotlight - Maple StreetGuitarist Jamie Mace studied from 2005 – 2013 and singer/rhythm guitarist Matteo Heilbrun took lessons from 2009 – 2013. Their rock band, Maple Street, is really great! Check ’em out!
Braden w/ The AlternativesI was a teenager growing up in Seattle in the 90’s and these are the songs that got me through highschool. This is a clips video I did at a gig with The Alternatives, my 90’s rock cover band that features me on guitar and lead vocals.
More Braden Solo
And from the same gig in the previous video, here I am doing a classic Weezer tune.
Improvising with Jazz/Rock hybrid Overcast. The sound quality isn’t the best, but I always loved this guitar solo, starting at 1:55.
Myself, singer John Kozan, and saxophonist Kyle Schweizer started this band in 2004 after we started playing together in Dem Brooklyn Bums. We play clubs, bars, weddings, and private parties, and released our third album, Make Your Move in June of 2014. It’s a mix of original rockin’ swing music and creative arrangements of popular songs. Here’s a clip of us doing our arrangement of a Billy Idol song. Click here to visit our website.
I met Chrissy back in 2008 when Double Down played at her wedding. I was honored to play guitar and ukulele on her debut album, I’ll Take You Dreaming. It’s a songbook full of her favorite lullabies. This track is the song Smile, made famous by Charlie Chaplin.
Other notable accomplishments:
– Mandolinist/guitarist for Italian Bred staring Candice Guardino, coming back to off-broadway in Fall 2014
– Guitarist for Burlesque To Broadway – tour and CD credit
– Worked with Vincent Pastore (Sopranos, Bullets over Broadway), Daniel Glass (drummer for Royal Crown Revue and Brian Setzer), Charlie Lagond (Buddy Rich, Jackson Five, Kid Creole and the Coconuts), and Harry Whitaker (Roberta Flack, Roy Ayers), just to name a few
– Played guitar and other instruments on theatrical productions of Tommy, Bare, and All Shook Up (Pace University), All Fall Down (NYMF), RENT (St. John’s University), The Green Manifesto and Ripcords (Fringe Festival)
– BFA in Jazz and Contemporary Studies from New School University